Please read this license agreement carefully before purchasing these fonts.
This Agreement constitutes the complete agreement between you, the Licensee, and Letraset Ltd (Letraset), the Licensor.
1. Grant of License. In consideration of payment of the license fee, included in the price paid by the Licensee for this product, the Licensor grants to the Licensee a non-exclusive right to use this product, which consists of electronic data to display and output PostScript¨ and/or TrueType¨ typefaces. This electronic data may be installed on up to five* (5) CPUs at a single site, provided that the Licensee has access to only one (1) high-resolution typesetting or imagesetting/output device. A separate Special Multi-User License is required from Letraset to use this product at more than one site, or with more than five (5) CPUs or with more than one (1) high-resolution typesetting or imagesetting/output device. (See Special Multi-User License Notes below).
When you order Fontek fonts through www.Letraset.com, you are able to purchase your Multi-User License(s) at the same time.
1 (a). Special Multi-User Licenses
Letraset calculates Special Multi-User Licenses based on the chart below. The price Letraset charges you will be calculated based on the Recommended End User Price times the number of CPUs and/or high- resolution typesetting or imagesetting/output devices (whichever is the greater).
EXAMPLE By entering quantity 3 in your shopping basket against any one particular font, you will be purchasing a license that will allow use of that font on up to 50 CPUs connected to up to 10 output devices on a single site.
Each additional site is calculated as a new Special Multi-User License. The maximum number of CPUs licensed is equal to the number of users selected in the applicable receipt.
Number of CPUs Number of Output Devices License Multiplier
1-5 1 1
26-50 10 3
51-75 15 4
76-125 25 5
126-175 35 6
176-250 50 7
251-375 75 9
376-500 100 11
501-625 125 14
626-750 150 16
751-875 175 19
876-1000 200 21
2. OWNERSHIP. Letraset retains title to and ownership of any of its electronic data provided. This title and ownership extends to copies of the data installed on any computer, downloaded to any output device, or retained on other media by the Licensee as a backup. This license does not constitute an exclusive sale of the original product to the Licensee.
3. COPY RESTRICTIONS. This product is copyrighted and contains proprietary information and trade secrets of Letraset. Unauthorized copying of this product is expressly forbidden. You are permitted to create backups of the electronic data, provided that: (a) they are stored only at the site where this product is licensed, and (b) the full copyright information is included with each backup copy. You may be held legally responsible for any infringement of Letraset’s intellectual property rights that is caused or encouraged by your failure to abide by the terms of this Agreement.
4. PERMITTED USES. This product is licensed only to the Licensee, and may not be transferred to any third party at any time without the prior written consent of Letraset. You may not modify, translate, adapt, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or create derivative works based on the electronic data in this product. You may not duplicate, modify, adapt, translate or create derivative works based on the printed materials that may have been supplied with this product.
Embedding of the font software into electronic documents or internet pages is only permitted in a secured read-only mode. Licensee must ensure that recipients of electronic documents or internet pages cannot extract the Letraset font software from such documents or use the embedded font software for editing purposes or for the creation of new documents. Contact Letraset for current details of permitted uses with this technology.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY. If the media or the electronic data contained in this Letraset product is found to be defective within 90 days of the date of delivery to the Licensee, Letraset will provide suitable replacements at no charge to the Licensee, provided the Licensee can provide proof of purchase.
The entire risk of performance and quality of this product is with the Licensee. Letraset does not warrant that this product will operate with all other software products, or that it will satisfy your requirements. Letraset’s entire liability to the Licensee will not extend beyond replacement of defective media or refund of the purchase price.
6. DISCLAIMER. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED ABOVE, THIS PRODUCT IS PROVIDED "AS IS". LETRASET DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY LETRASET, LETRASET DEALERS, DISTRIBUTORS, AGENTS, OR EMPLOYEES WILL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY, AND LICENSEE MAY NOT REPLY UPON ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR ADVICE. LETRASET SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION AND LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT.
Because laws governing the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages vary, the above limitation may not be applicable.
7. TERMINATION. This Agreement is effective until terminated. This Agreement will terminate automatically without notice from Letraset, if the Licensee fails to comply with any provision contained herein. Upon termination of this Agreement, the Licensee must: (a) destroy all copies of the electronic data, including the copy on the disk media originally provided in this product, (b) destroy all written materials provided with this product, if any, and (c) provide Letraset with written verification that the product has been destroyed.
8. General. You agree to inform your employees or any other person having access to the Letraset software and copies thereof, of the terms and conditions of this Standard License Agreement and to ensure that they shall strictly abide by these terms and conditions.
This Agreement is governed by the laws of England and any dispute concerning this Agreement shall be submitted to the Courts of England.
If you have any questions concerning this Agreement or any matters regarding our products, please write to:
Kingsnorth Industrial Estate
Fontek is a registered trademark of Letraset Ltd. PostScript is a registered trademark of Adobe Systems, Inc. TrueType is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. All other brand or product names are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and are duly recognized.
© 2002 Letraset Ltd.